9-10 September 2019 in Greenwich, London
Chair: Prof. Tiziana Rossetto
The SECED 2019 Conference will be a two-day conference on Earthquake and Civil Engineering Dynamics taking place on 9-10th September 2019 in Greenwich, London. This is the first major conference to be held in the UK on this topic since the SECED 2015 Conference.
The conference will bring together experts from a broad range of disciplines, including structural engineering, nuclear engineering, seismology, geology, geotechnical engineering, urban development, social sciences, business and insurance; all focused on risk, mitigation and recovery.
The conference will take place in the modern facilities of the Greenwich University Architecture Building, with the conference dinner held in the Painted Hall of the Old Royal Naval College.
Current conference themes include:
- Geotechnical earthquake engineering
- Seismic design for nuclear facilities
- Seismic hazard and engineering seismology
- Risk and catastrophe modelling
- Vibrations, blast and civil engineering dynamics
- Seismic assessment and retrofit of engineered and non-engineered structures
- Innovations in seismic engineering design
- Earthquake reconnaissance
- Social impacts and community recovery
We are delighted to announce that the attendance of the following keynote speakers:
- Prof. Ioannis Anastasopoulos, ETH Zurich, Switzerland
- Prof. Jack Baker, Stanford University, USA
- Prof. Dina D’Ayala, University College London, UK
- Prof. Ahmed Elghazouli, Imperial College London, UK
- Zygmunt Lubkowski, Arup, UK
- Mark Lunn, Horizon Nuclear Power, UK
|Call for abstracts||September 2018|
|Abstract Submission||November 2018|
|Paper Submission||April 2019|
More details will be announced soon.